Food Poisoning Facts
For tips on prevention, download our fact sheet:
The Iowa Food Safety and Defense Task Force is a group of individuals and organizations interested in food safety and defense. The Task Force members include federal, state, and local government agencies; commodity groups; food related trade associations; food producers; academia; and others. The Task Force meets 3 to 4 times per year. The Task Force also sponsors educational opportunities each year.
Food Safety News
- October 26, 2016
- EU members say Salmonella outbreak linked to Polish eggs
- It’s unclear how many members of the European Union received eggs from Poland that have been implicated in an ongoing Salmonella outbreak that began in July 2015 and has sickened almost 150 people. Belgium, France and Germany received some of the eggs, according to information filed with the European Commission’s Rapid Alert System for Food... Continue Reading
- October 26, 2016
- Tainted tahina recalled by Michigan’s Sinbad Foods
- West Bloomfield Township, located 30 miles northwest of Detroit, is the latest location for a tahini product recall. Sinbad Foods, located at 6251 Haggerty Road, said in a Tuesday news release that 1-pound and 2-pound containers of its Tahina Telkef with “packed on” dates of Oct. 7, 2016, and “sell by” dates of Dec. 5,... Continue Reading
- October 25, 2016
- Foreign materials in Wild Planet chicken cans require recall
- Following consumer complaints and one potential injury, Crider Inc. in Stillmore, GA, Tuesday recalled 5,610 pounds of canned organic roasted chicken breast that may be contaminated with foreign materials according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS). The cans of Wild Planet brand organic roasted chicken breast were produced on Jan. 16.... Continue Reading
- October 24, 2016
- Chicken and dumplings recalled for undeclared allergen
- St. Clair Foods Inc. of Memphis, TN, is recalling about 26,800 pounds of chicken and dumplings due to misbranding and an undeclared allergen, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced Friday. The chicken and dumplings were produced on various dates from Sept. 13 through Oct. 6. The products contain milk, a... Continue Reading
- October 26, 2016
- Stewart's Shops Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Milk In Sportade Fruit Punch
- Saratoga Springs, NY-Stewart's Shops Corp. is recalling units of Stewart's Sportade Fruit Punch Isotonic Beverage 20 fluid oz. because they may contain undeclared milk. People who have an allergy to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
- October 21, 2016
- Brownwood Farms Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Milk In Fruit Preserves And Fruit Butter Products
- Brownwood Farms of Williamsburg, MI is recalling approximately 260,000 total units of the listed products, because they contain undeclared milk. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction, if they consume these products.
- October 18, 2016
- Yoma Myanmar Tea Co. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Yoma Myanmar Tea Salad Snack
- Yoma Myanmar Tea Co. of Allston, MA is voluntarily recalling the Yoma Myanmar brand "Tea Salad Snack" in Regular and Spicy, 7 oz., because the products may contain undeclared peanuts. People who have allergies to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
- Crider Inc. Recalls Canned Organic Roasted Chicken Breast Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination
- Crider Inc., a Stillmore, Ga., establishment, is recalling approximately 5,610 pounds of canned Organic Roasted Chicken Breast that may be contaminated with foreign materials.
- St. Clair Foods, Inc. Recalls Poultry Products Due To Misbranding And An Undeclared Allergen
- St. Clair Foods, Inc., a Memphis, Tenn. establishment, is recalling approximately 26,800 pounds of chicken and dumplings due to misbranding and an undeclared allergen.
- Brookwood Farms, Inc. Recalls Pulled Pork Products Due To Misbranding And An Undeclared Allergen
- Brookwood Farms, Inc., a Siler City, N.C. establishment, is recalling approximately 126,570 pounds of pulled pork products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens.